LAHORE: Federal Information Minister, Pervez Rasheed has said that the relative committees are working for the talks between the Government and Taliban; peace should be given a chance, whereas no messages in this regard will be conveyed through media – ARY News reports.
Talking to media after a ceremony here on Saturday, Pervez Rasheed said that both the committees are in touch with each other regarding negotiations between the Government and Taliban.
He told that the Government will be in a position to present its stance after a decision comes forth from both the committees or at least the Government's team for peace talks comes up with some suggestions.
Commenting on the meeting of the Taliban committee with the Army Chief, DG ISI and other higher military officials, Rasheed told that so far no such suggestion has been forwarded to the Government.
Speaking about the demand of amending the constitution according to Shariah, the Information Minister told that everybody knows about Government's standing on this, nobody will be allowed to destroy peace in the state.
Returning to a question about Scotland Yard's demand of handing over 2 suspects to it regarding Imran Farooq murder case, Pervez Rasheed told that he has not got any such information officially.
Whereas, elaborating on Big-3 matter, the Information Minister told that Pakistan's stance has been brought before the world by the Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).