Must Read

Dead bat found in Florida prepackaged salad

MIAMI: US health authorities on Monday studied the remains of a dead bat discovered inside a prepackaged salad mix sold in Florida for possible traces of the deadly rabies virus.

The Fresh Express company, a subsidiary of Chiquita Brands, announced a “precautionary recall of a limited number of cases” of their prepackaged Organic Marketside Spring Mix, which had been distributed to Walmart stores across the southwestern United States.


The company issued the recall on Saturday when it learned “that extraneous animal matter was allegedly found” in a salad container.

“Out of an abundance of caution, all salads manufactured in the same production run are being recalled,” Fresh Express said, failing to describe the offending “animal matter.”

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) said it was working with the Florida health department and the US Food and Drug Administration “to support an investigation of a dead bat” found in the  packaged salad sold at “a grocery store in Florida.”

The bat carcass however was in poor condition.

“The deteriorated condition of the bat did not allow for CDC to definitively rule out whether this bat had rabies,” which is endemic to the creatures across the United States, the CDC said.

CDC spokesman Thomas Skinner told the wire service on Monday that the chances of rabies contagion from a dead animal are very low.

Cockroach found in a salad in China

A waitress in a Chinese restaurant stunned diners by picking up a dead cockroach and eating it in front of them couple of years ago.

 

 

WATCH: Here’s what waitress did after finding cockroach in salad

Insect in salad

A customer of Tesco claimed to have found at least one insect in his salad, purchased in Tesco on Pearse Street in Dublin some time back.

He reported that he “felt something really strange” in his first bite of the salad he had bought for lunch.

 

 

Lizard found in fries of a popular fast food outlet

A family’s outing for fast food turned into one of horror, when they found a deep-fried lizard in a serving of fries at a McDonald’s outlet in the city last month.

 

Print Friendly
Please follow and like us:
20

Comments

comments

ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top