Garment factory fire put out in Faisalabad after hours long battle
FAISALABAD: The fire which broke out at a garment factory located at the Satiana Road here was put out after several hours of hectic efforts.
According to rescue sources, the fire inside the garment factory erupted due to short circuit on late Friday night which engulfed the entire building within few minutes.
No loss of life has been reported in the incident. However, the raw material and bundle of clothes inside the garment factory were burnt to ashes.
It took several hours to as many as 10 fire tenders to extinguish the blaze.
The incident was third in a week. A double-storey plastic goods manufacturing factory caught fire in Gujranwala on Thursday, another city of Punjab.
All nearby residential buildings were evacuated timely in aftermath of the raging fire to prevent loss of life and further property damages. It took firefighters around eight hours to douse the blaze after which the cooling process was initiated. Nine fire tenders took part in the rescue operations. No loss of life was reported.
In a similar fire incident in the federal capital earlier this week, over 600 stalls gutted in an inferno at weekly Sunday Sasta Bazaar.
Officials said that the fire might have spread after locals lit up garbage – generally done to discard it – which engulfed nearby stalls as wind causing the fire to spread.
The site hosts a weekly budget market, situated at Sector H-9 near Peshawar Morr in the federal capital. A large number of residents visit the budget Bazaar.