Fifty ill after consuming poisonous food in Karachi
KARACHI: Fifty people, including women and children, were rushed to Jinnah Hospital after they consumed poisonous food during a wedding ceremony in Korangi area of Karachi, ARY News reports.
The affected people have said that they ate biryani and quorma during the ceremony due to which their condition detriorated.
Doctors at Jinnah Hospital have said that stomachs of the affected persons have been cleaned. The patients were complaining of diarrhea and vomiting.
Several persons were discharged after being given first aid treatment whereas several others have been admitted in different wards of the hospital.