Five family members killed in house fire
RAWALPINDI: Five members of a family, including three children, were killed when a fire broke out at a house near the New Phagwari Commerce College here on Saturday, ARY News reports.
According Rescue 1122, the fire broke out at approximately 5am and was caused due to a short circuit.
The deceased included thirty year old Rashid along with his three year old daughter Zoya whereas five year old girl Zainab and 26 year old Ayesha and her two year old son Abdullah were also killed.
Further two family members, including a woman, were also burnt and have been declared critical.
According to neighbours, the fire erupted when a heater was burnt due to severe cold. Police is investigating whether the heater was an electrical or a gas one.
The bodies and the injured were shifted to Holy Family Hospital.