The news is by your side.

FO expresses outrage over ‘poisoning’ of Kashmiri youth

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Saturday strongly condemned killing of a youth, Qaiser Sufi in Indian-Occupied Kashmir who was alleged assaulted and poisoned as revealed in his medical reports.

Foreign Officer Spokesman Nafees Zakaria said that that Kashmiri Hurriyat leader Yasin Malik was reportedly also poisoned twice during treatment. It stated that these crimes against defenseless Kashmiris by Indian occupation forces must stop immediately.

According to Kashmir Watch, 16-year-old Qaiser Sufi went missing on October 27 and was found next day lying unconscious in a drain. He was rushed to Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) in Srinagar where he was in coma until he lost the  battle of his life on Friday night.

His body was taken to his ancestral home in Safakadal and preparations were made for his funeral. However, Indian forces on Saturday resorted to aerial firing and then fired tear smoke canisters and pellets on mourners.

At least 35 people including women were injured in the repression by Indian forces. However, the mourners defiantly marched towards martyrs’ graveyard amid intense tear smoke creating suffocation in the atmosphere.

Soon hundreds of people came out in protest and clashes erupted after which Indian forces ransacked and damaged private property in various localities.

The mourners carrying the body of Sufi were shouting pro-freedom and anti-India slogans. He was finally laid to rest around 10:30 AM in the Martyrs Graveyard.

His cousin Ayash said that his body including chest, hands and legs had marks of injuries, a claim confirmed by doctors at the SKIMS hospital. “Poison had circulated all over his body,” Ayash said quoting doctors, “he had suffered kidney failure as well.”

Quoting his medical history doctors said his case was that of poison as well as assault. They said that he had marks of injuries on his body and his brain was damaged as well.

The case of Sufi was unknown until Kashmiri leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq tweeted on Oct 31 about it. Earlier today, he tweeted that Qaiser was beaten and forcibly fed with a germicide ‘Neva’ by Indian forces and succumbed to his injuries.



You might also like