RAWALPINDI: Four transgenders were killed and three others were injured after a fire broke out in a passenger van at Chakri Road of Rawalpindi, ARY News reports on Saturday.
Rescue 1122 teams arrived at the spot and shifted the deceased and injured to District Head Quarters Hospital Rawalpindi.
According to Police, the fire was caused due to gas leakage and short circuit. The killed transgenders were seated in the back seats and had no chance to escape the fire. The bodies cannot be identified, police further said.
Large number of transgenders arrived at the hospital after they received news of the unfortunate incident.
The investigation of the incident is underway.