How to make Chocolate Jalebi at home
Jalebi is a scrumptious sweet delight which is widely popular in South Asia. It is known with different names in different parts of the world.
The word Jalebi is believed to have been derived from Arabic Zulabiya or Persian Zolbiya. It was introduced in Medieval India by Persian invaders.
It is full of sugary syrup, hence needs proper attention while eating. When Jalebi is combined with chocolate, believe it or not, you cannot stop yourself from eating it.
Here is the recipe for Chocolate Jalebi.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
Ghee for frying
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pinch saffron
1. Mix the flour, sugar, yeast and cocoa powder and add water to form a thick batter. Set it aside for half an hour.
2. Boil the sugar with 1 cup of water in a pan on high heat. Stir continuously till the sugar dissolves.
3. Once the sugary syrup starts boiling, simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add saffron in the syrup and mix well. Now turn off the flame.
5. Heat ghee in a broad frying pan.
6. Fill the Jalebi batter into a piping bag and press out round spirals into the hot ghee.
7. Deep fry on medium flame till the spirals get golden brown on both sides, then put them directly into the warm sugary syrup.
8. Allow to soak for 2 minutes and then take them out from the syrup.
9. Pour chocolate sauce over the Jalebis and serve hot.