Indian forces target civilians along Working Boundary
RAWALPINDI: Indian forces on Monday resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the Working Boundary, targeting civilian population with mortars and heavy weapons in Harpal and Charwah Sector.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said: “Indian troops initiated unprovoked cease fire violation along Working Boundary targeting civil population with mortars and heavy weapons in Harpal and Charwah Sector since early morning.”
The military’s media wing said the Pakistan Rangers Punjab are effectively responding and targeting those Indian posts which initiated fire as intermittent fire continues.
Earlier, six people, a mother and her three children among them, were killed and 22 other civilians sustained injuries in unprovoked firing and shelling by the Indian Border Security Forces (BSF) at different sectors of the Sialkot Working Boundary.
Indian forces have so far carried out more than 1050 ceasefire violations, resulting in the martyrdom of 28 innocent civilians, while injuring 117 others.