The news is by your side.

Intezar Ahmed killing: Father laments authorities’ lukewarm reaction

KARACHI: Awaiting probe into police killing of 19-year-old Intezar Ahmed, the father of slain youth on Friday said no headway was made so far despite formation of another Joint Investigation Team (JIT).

Talking to media persons outside his residence here, Ishtiaq Ahmed said the authorities are lukewarm about the investigation. “35 days have been passed and no progress was made in the case,” he lamented.

He said a new JIT was formed on directives of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah but the investigation team hasn’t taken up the case.

The CM had earlier directed Home Secretary Qazi Shahid Pervez to constitute the JIT under Additional Inspector General Police Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Sanaullah Abbasi and issue notification within an hour.

On Feb 7, the father of slain youth revealed about alleged involvement of another girl into the murder, while asserting that the evidences were being destroyed.

Addressing a press conference then, Ahmed said his son had a friend named Mahrukh, claiming the girl’s father had threatened him of dire consequences after learning about friendship between the girl and his son.

“…Mahrukh’s father had called me from America and threatened me as he told his brother in Karachi was on a key post. I have just come to know the girl is niece of former SSP ACLC Muqaddas Haider,” he claimed.

He said he sent Intezar to Malaysia following the threat, adding, Mahrukh and Intezar were schoolmates.

“A joint investigation team was formed and suspended despite an assurance of a thorough investigation,” he lamented.

On the occasion, he appealed Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa to take notice of the murder.

On January 14, Anti-Car Lifting Cell (ACLC) personnel shot dead Intezar in Khayaban-e-Ittehad area of the city.

Two different versions emerged after the incident when police earlier claimed that the youth was killed by unidentified armed assailants on motorcycle.

However, later it was disclosed that the personnel of law enforcement agencies opened fire upon his vehicle after he did not stop his car on their signal.

The slain youth was the only son to his father and recently came back from Malaysia.



You might also like