The news is by your side.

Investigation team proposes punishment for MNAs who scuffled

ISLAMABAD: The investigation team probing reason for scuffle between Pakistan Tehreek Insaf and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz lawmakers in the parliament lobby has come up with a punishment for both the legislators, ARY News reported.

According to the probe body, PML-N’s Javed Latif should be barred from attending National Assembly proceedings for eight days, while Murad Saeed of the PTI should be slapped with two-day ban from the House.

The team recommended the speaker to ensure enforcement of the proposed ban to prevent such scuffles and brawls between parliamentarians in future.

The report of the investigation committee has been forwarded to Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, and now he would announce his decision.

Mr. Sadiq had ordered inquiry into scuffle between the two legislators and sought its report.

How it all started?

PTI lawmaker Murad Saeed indulged in a scuffle with PMLN’s Latif at the parliament lobby following their heated arguments earlier during the assembly proceedings on Thursday. The confrontation erupted over PTI chief Imran Khan’s remarks of calling foreign cricketers taking part in PSL final in Lahore as ‘Phateechar’.

The ruckus began during the assembly session when PML-N’s Javed Latif hit out at PTI chief Imran Khan for his remarks against the foreign players who arrived in Lahore. He also reportedly called Khan a traitor. Murad Saeed reacted strongly to the accusations, stirring up ruckus.

The PML-N lawmaker, during his speech in the House, said Imran had earlier suggested to hold a cricket match in Lahore and later called the same government move ‘madness’.

He went to say that Khan used inappropriate language for foreign cricketers who had arrived in Lahore to take part in the PSL final. “PTI members must infuse some sense in their leader,” said Latif in his address.

The remarks from the PML-N lawmaker stirred hornet’s nest among the PTI benches and they started protest. Murad Saeed expressed his resentment and said he should be allowed to speak after the deputy speaker asked him to take his seat and turned off his mic.



You might also like