Jahangir Tareen vows to continue working for Naya Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Secretary General Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Jahangir Khan Tareen on Friday vowed to continue working for Naya Pakistan after the Supreme Court disqualified him on ‘technical grounds’.
“I worked sincerely with all my strength for the betterment of the PTI and Pakistan. I am proud that all allegations of financial wrongdoing were thrown out. I will continue to stand tall and keep working for a Naya Pakistan,” he said in a tweet on his social media account in response to the SC verdict against him earlier in the day.
The apex court in the much-awaited verdict rejected plea to disqualify Imran Khan and declared PTI’s key party leader Jahangir Tareen disqualified on the petitions filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Hanif Abbasi.
The petitions were filed against the top PTI leaders for not disclosing their assets and ownership of the offshore companies.
Imran has said Jahangir Tareen was disqualified for technical reasons and the party would file review appeal on the top court verdict.
Tareen, in another tweet, wondered if he was disqualified on mere interpretation of the trust deed.
He said the major accusations against him were rejected by the SC including misuse of authority, loan writeoff, insider trading and misdeclaration of agricultural income. The court also did not accept it to be true that full money trail of London property was hidden as it was declared in children’s assets since 2011, he said.