Karachi doctor arrested after minor girl dies of ‘wrong injection’
KARACHI: A four-year-old girl died after allegedly being administered a wrong injection in the Korangi area of the port city on Sunday night.
According to police, the doctor who allegedly administered a wrong injection to the deceased at a private clinic has been taken into custody.
The girl suffering from measles was brought to the clinic with a high fever on Sunday evening. Dr Imran who is said to have been treating patients at his clinic in Bilal Colony for the past two years administered an injection to the girl, which is believed to have claimed her life.
The deceased’s father Akhtar said he asked the doctor not to administer an injection to his daughter, but he paid no heed.
His daughter’s condition deteriorated after being administered the injection, he said.
It is worth mentioning that wrong medication had left a nine-month-old girl, Nishwa, paralysed at Darul Sehat Hospital in Gulistan-e-Jauhar area on April 14.
Nishwa was brought to the facility where an overdose of Potassium Chloride had severely affected her brain, leaving her nearly brain-dead.
She is currently under treatment at Karachi’s Liaquat National Hospital.