KSE 100-Index witnesses massive recession
High and Low were 30314.07 and 29435.84 respectively.
Total volume traded in the market was 239,564,614 and in terms of value it was 11,216,084,743.
Total traded companies were 338, among them 38 advanced, 287 declined while 13 went unchanged.
Top Three Traders
- Lotte Chemical with a volume of 12,026,500 and price per share of 7.94 (0.10).
- Byco Petroleum with a volume 9,737,500 of price per share of 11.71 (0.62).
- Askari Bank with a volume 6,753,000 of price per share of 22.33 (0.65).
Top Three Advancers
- Rafhan Maize with price per share 11701.00 (451.00).
- Exide (PAK) XD with price per share of 575.84 (27.41).
- Mari Petroleum share of 383.56 (8.75).
Top Three Decliners
- Wyeth Pak Ltd with price per share of 3398.91 (-178.89).
- Colgate Palmoliv with price per share of 1675.00 (-55.00).
- Shezan Inter per share of 961.31 (-50.59).
According to former chairman and senior member of KSE, the main reason behind the recession of KSE-100 is the increasing political tension in the country. He said under the current circumstances local and foreign investors preferred selling instead of buying.