KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon conceded on Monday that targeted killings in the city had not ended, ARY News reported.
Responding to queries raised by opposition members during the Sindh Assembly session, Memon said targeted killings were still going on in Karachi.
He, however, refused to admit allegations that plain-clothed security officials were picking political workers. All such arrests are made under the newly approved Pakistan Protection Ordinance (PPO).
Earlier, Opposition Leader in the Sindh Assembly, Faisal Sabzwari said incidents of MQM workers disappearance were still continued. “So far our 46 workers have gone missing; of them six are found dead. Ironically, plain-clothed officials have now picked more MQM workers,” he told the house.