Minister takes notice as three die of electrocution in Mansehra school
ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Power Omar Ayub Khan on Wednesday took notice of the incident in which three students and their teacher died of electrocution in a school in Mansehra district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province, ARY News reported.
A teacher and three students were electrocuted on Tuesday when a high transmission line came into contact with a steel pole during the flag-hoisting ceremony at a private school in the Kawai area of the Kaghan Valley in Mansehra.
The minister today issued directives to hold inquiry of this unfortunate incident to fix responsibility.
Omar Ayub Khan categorically said that whosoever is responsible in this incident would be penalized. He also extended his heartfelt condolences and expressed his resolve to provide justice to the deceased families.
A First Information Report (FIR) against Peshawar Electric Supply Corporation (PESCO) and the owner of the school was registered and an investigation has already been launched into the incident.