Pakistan

MQM-P is disappointed with provincial, federal govt: Sattar

mqm

KARACHI: Mutahida Quami Movement –Pakistan chairman (MQM-P) Farooq Sattar on Friday said the party is disappointed with the federal and provincial government.

The MQM leader addressing a press conference said they have written a letter to Chief Justice of Pakistan, Army Chief, DG ISI, DG Rangers and Chief Justice Sindh High Court over threats to their lives since the last few weeks. The party has also sent a copy of the letter to the provincial and federal government to give the realisation that they have failed in the provision of security.

Farooq Sattar lashed out at the Sindh government for the slack security provided to its members including Leader of Opposition Khawaja Izhar who survived an assassination attempt on Eid-ul-Azha.

“The lack of security is part of conspiracies by the PPP government against the MQM,” he said warning the Sindh government for giving terrorists an opportunity to strike the MQM.

“When we decide to protest against all the injustices then the attack took place on Khawaja Izhar,” he said.

He said that MQM is the fourth largest political party in the country and the sole representative in urban Sindh, but the incident last week has created an atmosphere of uncertainty raising questions over the Sindh government.

“We have several security concerns. We are uniting people over the attack on Khawaja Izhar,” he said adding they knocked the doors over basic rights and security to no avail.

He said the provision of security was the foremost responsibility of the chief minister, who has earlier claimed that more security was provided to the MQM then their leaders.

Sattar challenged the chief minister’s claim saying that not a single member was deployed outside their headquarters. “There are police commandos and police mobiles for the families of the chief minister and their ministers,” he claimed.

“A DIG has 65 police commandoes, and SP has 40 commandoes, but MQM convener has only four policemen, while deputy convener Khalid Maqbool Siddqui has none,” he said.

He warned the Sindh government not to test their patience as they have ‘nerves of steel’ to bear all injustices, but will not sit aside on the excuse of security risk.

He said that it was the constitutional responsibility of the people to safeguard the lives of the people, and should instead resign if it failed to do so.

Sattar accepted that the performance of local government bodies was not satisfactory, but said that Karachi was being deprived for its rights despite its tax revenue.

“The corruption of the provincial government has ruined Karachi,” he said. “Performance of Mayor is not satisfactory but resources are limited, and we will improve performance within it.”

Sattar also expressed doubts over the population census calling it the ‘china cutting’ of Karachi, and said the party will protest over reducing the population by around 10.4 million.

He also announced that the MQM has postponed its protest over the matter on September 16.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments

ARY News Urdu





ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top