RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Army on Tuesday categorically denied the Indian claim that an Indian soldier crossed over Line Of Control (LoC) on Monday during an attack in which three Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom, ARY News reported.
On Monday night, at least three Pakistani soldiers were martyred in intense cross-border shelling by Indian troops along LoC. Later a number of Indian media outlets started claiming that an Indian soldier entered Pakistani territory during the attack.
Taking notice of baseless reports by Indian media, Director General Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), Major General Asif Ghafoor not only denied their claim but also said that this false claim is continuation of their self-defeating projections to satisfy their domestic audience.
“No Indian soldier crossed over LOC. Indian media claim is continuation of their self defeating projections to satisfy domestic audience,” tweeted Major General Asif Ghafoor.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan’s Foreign Office summoned the Indian Acting Deputy High Commissioner and condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian occupation forces on the LoC, that provided a cover for the planting of IEDs by non-state actors, resulting in the martyrdom of three soldiers and injuring another.
Foreign Office spokesman Dr. Mohammad Faisal categorically rejected the Indian claims that there was any crossing of the LoC by the Indian forces and added that the Indian actions got a befitting response from the Pakistani side and their guns were silenced.
“The false claims by India about the alleged cross LoC adventures are a figment of their imagination and counter-productive for peace and tranquility on the LoC,” said Dr Faisal.
Dr Faisal urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC.