Uncategorized

North Waziristan airstrikes: Death toll reaches 60

MIRANSHAH: The number of militants killed in North Waziristan due to the security forces' shelling, has reached up to 60, while several houses were damaged due to the firing of mortar shells by security forces in 'Maachis Camp' of Miranshah – ARY News reports.

According to details, PAF jets pounded several militant hideouts in different areas of North Waziristan Agency earlier on Wednesday. The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) 60 militants were killed in airstrikes, while more than 30 were injured. It was also said that huge quantity of ammunitions was also destroyed during forces' action.

The ISPR stated that slain militants included the ones involved in suicide bombings and attacks on security forces in FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Karachi. Some key Taliban commanders were also said to be killed in today's action.

Military sources told that operation was lodged after receiving classified information of militants' presence in the locality, whereas the political administration has also enforced curfew in North Waziristan for an indefinite period.

Meanwhile, the spokesperson of North Waziristan Taliban shuraa, Ahmedullah Ahmedi has said that bombing the common people and their property is not at all accepted. He warned the Government that if the North Waziristan peace agreement ended, then the Government will not be able even to dream of it.

Ahmedi stated that the Government of Pakistan and the military will be responsible of all the destruction.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Please follow and like us:
20

Comments

comments




ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top