Family of driver killed in Noshki drone strike files FIR against US
The FIR was registered on plea of driver Azam’s family members at Noshki Police Station.
Muhammad Qasim, brother of slain driver, said Azam had no links with the militants and he was just on a routine duty when an airstrike hit him.
He said US officials were accepting the responsibility of the attack, hence action be taken against them for killing an innocent person.
He appealed the government to inititate legal action against people nominated in the FIR.
The air strike on Saturday, May 21, that allegedly killed Mansour was perhaps the most high-profile US incursion into Pakistan since the 2011 raid to kill al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and sparked a protest by Islamabad that its sovereignty had been violated.
Mansour was appointed head of the Taliban in July 2015 following the revelation that the group’s founder Mullah Omar had in fact been dead for two years. He was widely blamed for leading the cover-up.
Read more: Who was Mullah Akhtar Mansour?
Army Chief General Raheel Sharif had also conveyed serious concerns to United States ambassador over drone strike in Balochistan that allegedly killed Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour, calling them against Pakistan’s integrity and sovereignty.
In a meeting, he told US Ambassador David Hale such strikes are detrimental to Pak-US relations.
“While expressing his serious concerns over the said drone strike, COAS said such acts of sovereignty violations are detrimental to relations between both countries and are counter-productive for ongoing peace process for regional stability,” read an ISPR statement.