Uncategorized

Operation this month if Taliban continue attacks: Khawaja Asif

ISLAMABAD: Khawaja Asif, Defence Minister of Pakistan, said that a full scale military operation will take place in March only if Taliban does not stop their attacks in Pakistan, ARY News reports on Friday.

Speaking to a foreign news agency, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said that the government will not hesitate to target militant hideouts in the country. He added that Taliban should ensure that they will abide by the announcement made last week regarding the cease fire.

He clarified that the peace talks process cannot continue if the militants do not stop their terror attacks in the country.

According to the foreign news agency, Pakistan is concerned that militancy will increase in the region after the NATO forces withdraw from Afghanistan this year.

The defence minister further stated that Pakistan cannot tolerate the increase in terrorist groups after the withdrawal of NATO troops from Afghanistan.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments

ARY News Urdu





ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top