10 heatstroke centres set up by Rangers in Sindh — here is how you can contact them
Following over 250 casualties in Karachi due to heatstroke, the Pakistan Army came into action to control the situation.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the heatstroke centers will provide free medical assistance to affected masses.
Heatstroke centers under the Pakistan Army have been formed at Sindh Government Hospital New Karachi, Singer Chowrangi Korangi and Aisha Bawani Academy Shahrah e Faisal. Heatstroke affectees will be provided free medical assistance at these centers.
On the other hand, Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) have formed ten heatstroke centers at its wing headquarters across the city, where a complete arrangement of doctors, paramedics and medicines is in place for providing relief to citizens suffering from extremely hot weather.
The details are as follows:
1. Rangers Training Centre and College, Toll Plaza Tel: 36871683
2. Sindh Rangers Hospital, Block A, North Nazimabad, Tel: 36670725
3. HQ 53 Wing, Baldia Town, Tel: 32814044
4. HQ 93 Wing, People’s Football Stadium, Mauripur Road, Tel: 32032629
5. HQ 91 Wing, SITE Stadium, Tel: 32597050
6. HQ 72 Wing, Kala Pull, Tel: 99202545 & 99205489
7. HQ 83 Wing, Jamia Milia Malir, Tel: 34491746
8. HQ 82 Wing, Muzaffarabad Colony, Tel: 35080167
9. HQ 63 Wing, Karachi University Tel : 99261056
10. HQ 44 Wing, North Karachi, Tel: 36493000
In view of high mortality rate due to heatstroke, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) had requested the Corps Commander Karachi Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar for providing assistance.