ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office on Friday summoned acting Indian Deputy High Commissioner and lodged protest over unprovoked ceasefire violation by the Indian forces.
Hussain Bibi, 65, was killed on Thursday when the Indian forces resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations, targeting Pakistani check-posts in Kot Kotera Sector in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
The Foreign Office told the Indian diplomat that despite calls for restraint, India continued to indulge in ceasefire violations.
Indian forces have carried out more than 70 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary in just first 12 days of this year.
This resulted in the martyrdom of one innocent civilian and injuries to five others. This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing since last year when its forces committed more than 1900 ceasefire violations.
Indian Deputy High Commissioner was told that deliberate targeting of civilians is deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws.
The Foreign Office said that the ceasefire violations by India were threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.
It urged India to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary.