2021: Pakistan braces for new year, new decade with new determination
ARY News wishes Pakistan a happy new year as the country looks forward to a new year and a new decade on Friday for the outgoing year bids us adieu with whatever it had to offer to us including the global pandemic and crises it catalyzed.
As the year breathes its last, let us take a brief tour with major news developments and round-ups of what it was like for Pakistan to get through it:
An attempt to present to you an all-encompassing listicle of all major developments and reports that comprise the outgoing year is here for your perusal:
- 2020: How Pakistan’s response to the pandemic surprised the world
- Pakistani rupee ends 2020 on a positive note
- COVID-19 shook, rattled and rolled the global economy in 2020
- Karachi police helpline received almost 800,000 prank, bogus calls in 2020
- Oil set for 20% drop in 2020 as lockdowns weigh, market eyes more stimulus
- 2020 Rewind: A list of every celeb that tied the knot this year!
- Gold witnessed whopping surge during 2020 in Pakistan
- NAB Rawalpinidi recovers Rs196 billion in 2020