PCB announces 36 probable players for Summer Camp
KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the name of 36 probable players for the month-long Summer Camp scheduled from May 6 to June 6 at Lahore, ARY News reported.
Chief Selector and Team Manager of Pakistan's Cricket team, Moin Khan headed the selection committee meeting held today at National Stadium Karachi.
Briefing to media, Moin Khan revealed that 36 players for the first stage of World Cup preparation has been selected.
The Chief selector said PCB wants to make full use of summer season. He said training camp will focus on the improvement of player's fitness.
Senior players like Saeed Ajmal and Junaid Khan, however, will miss the camp as they have been given permission by the cricket board to play cricket in England.
Moin said that with the tour to Sri Lanka due in July-August, the selectors had ample time and opportunity to identify players for all three formats of the game.
Moin Khan said Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal and Abdur Razzak can make their place in the second stage by showing good performance in domestic season
The names of 36 probable players are as follows,
(1) Ahmed Shehzad, (2) Nasir Jamshaid, (3) Sharjeel Khan, (4) Taufiq Umer, (5) Shan Masood, (6) Imran Farhat, (7) Yasir Hameed, (8) Khurram Manzoor.
Middle Order Batsmen:
(9) Misba Ul Haq, (10) Asad Shafiq, (11) Younis Khan, (12) Umer Akmal, (13) Azhar Ali, (14) Faisal Iqbal, (15) Sohaib Maqsood, (16) Harrris Sohail, (17) Fawad Alam
(18) Mohammad Hafeez, (19) Shahid Afridi, (20) Anwar Ali, (21) Bilawal Bhatti
(22) Abdul Rehmanm, (23) Zulfiqar Babar, (24) Raza Hassan, (25) Atif Maqbool, (26) Yasir Shah
27) Umer Gul, (28) Mohammad Talha, (29) Ehsan Adil, (30) Mohammad Irfan, (31) Wahab Riaz,(32) Rahat Ali, (33) Sohail Tanvir, (34) M.Sami
(35) Sarfaraz Ahmed, (36) Adnan Akmal