Not a penny released of PM’s aid for Thar, says Sharjeel
KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon on Monday said the prime minister announced Rs1 billion aid for Tharparkar victims, but not a penny had been released of the amount so far, ARY News reported.
Talking to media at the Sindh Assembly, Memon said whatever assistance was provided to Thar victims was made by the Sindh government.
He said the provincial government will file an appeal against Supreme Court decision on local government and delimitations. The minister stated that no compromise will be made on shifting of hardened criminals to jails in interior Sindh.
“I wont deny or accept the reports running on media regarding PPP-MQM negotiations,” said Sharjeel when asked about the probable inclusion of MQM into Sindh government. MQM had been our coalition partner in the past and there will be no issue if it joins us again in the government, he added.