Uncategorized

PM announces Rs 1 billion aid for drought-hit Thar

MITHI (Sindh): Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday announced Rs 1 billion relief package for the drought-stricken Tharparkar, ARY News reported.

The PM also appointed ex-chief minister Sindh Arbab Ghulam Rahim as coordinator Mithi for relief activities. Federal Information Minister Pervez Rashid also accompanied the PM.

The prime minister made this announcement on his arrival to Mithi. He ordered all necessary relief items should be provided to Thar at the earliest.

Chairman Pakistan People’s Party Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and provincial Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon welcomed the prime minister on his arrival to Mithi. The PM was later briefed on overall Tharparkar situation.

During the briefing, the premier was of the view that chief minister Sindh should take stern action against the responsible elements, leading to this calamity in desert district of Tharparkar.

He added that steps be taken that such incidents might not recur in future.

Nawaz assured that federal government was ready for all-out cooperation and assistance for Thar affectees.

Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah said Thar faced drought every year, adding the government was trying its best to provide speedy relief to the victims.

“We will try that such a disastrous situation may not resurface in future,” said the chief minister.

Earlier in the briefing, the PM was told that 0.15 million sacks of wheat were distributed among the Thar affectees.

It was told that victims could collect wheat sacks by showing their national identity cards at relief camps.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments

ARY News Urdu





ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top