The news is by your side.

Key accused of Baldia fire incident brought to Karachi

KARACHI: Prime accused of Baldia Town factory inferno incident, Abdur Rehman alias Bhola, brought back to Karachi from Bangkok on Tuesday, ARY News reported.

A two-member team of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) left for Bangkok to bring back Bhola with the help of interpol. Interpol officials had earlier arrested Bhola with the help of the commandos of Thai police from a Bangkok hotel in Thailand.

The most wanted accused in Baldia factory fire incident is under FIA custody and would be later handed over to Karachi police. Bhola can reportedly reveal all the crucial information and expose actors behind the fire incident.

Read More: Main suspect in Baldia factory fire arrested from Bangkok

ARY News correspondent Kamil Arif said the accused would be handed over to police through legal process. “Police would write a letter to FIA and send an investigative team to arrest him. Then, the investigation officer of the Baldia Town fire incident would write to take him into custody.”

He said the arrested accused was most wanted in the case and red warrant was also issued for his arrest.

More than 250 labourers lost their lives when the factory Ali Enterprises, located in city’s Baldia Town area, was allegedly set ablaze in September 2012.

However, the loved ones of the victims are still awaiting justice and the verdict in the case has not been announced.

Read More: Baldia factory fire victims still searching for justice

A major development took place after three years in 2015 as the investigation report stated that the factory was set ablaze on the directives of a political party’s stakeholder.

“The fire that engulfed had the factory was an outcome of a pre-planned scheme and that it was no accident,” revealed the Joint Investigation Team report. “The factory was set ablaze over non-payment of bhatta – extortion money.”

Sources said the JIT report stated that MQM sector in-charge Rehman alias Bhola and Karachi Tanzeemi Committee (KTC) in-charge Hammad Siddiqui had demanded Rs 200 million extortion from owners of the factory.




You might also like