Punjab govt announces traffic management plan for PSL final
LAHORE: The Punjab government on Friday announced traffic management plan for Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 final in Lahore.
City Traffic Police Lahore devised the traffic advisory plan to facilitate masses through easy flow of vehicular traffic. The traffic police have announced alternative routes, tips to avoid troubles while travelling and locations specified for parking for vehicles of people coming to Qaddafi Stadium Lahore.
- Traffic flow will remain open from Kenal Road to Shah Jamal Road and Zahoor Elahi Road
- Walton Road could be utilized to travel towards Mughalpura, Kahna and from Kot Lakhpat to Cantt
- Traffic will be open for Firdous Market, Hussain Cowk, MM Alam Road, Mini Market, Main Boulevard and Siddiq Trade Center
- Traffic will remain open for Fawwara Number 01, Siddiq Trade Center, Nehar Wali Pul and from Jail Road to Qurtuba Chowk
Specified locations for parking
Qaddafi Stadium this morning … Top-of-the-line preparations underway… Looking forward to welcome you in Lahore …. pic.twitter.com/i1txeRuT2b
— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) March 3, 2017
- FC college for people coming from Mughalpura, Mall Road, Jail Road and Nehar Wali Pul
- Parking beneath Muslim Town flyover for people coming from Mazang, Achchara and Wahdat Road
- People coming from Kahna, Kot Lakhpat and Model Town should come via Kalma Chowk, Center Point and Firdous Market towards Liberty Market Parking
- Barkat Market Parking for those coming from Motorway Thokar Niaz Baig, WAPDA Town and Garden Town
- LDA Parking Plaza behind Sun Fort Hotel for those coming from Cantt and Gulberg
- People coming from Walton and Defence Road should travel via Kewalri, Firdous Market, Hussain Chowk to reach Liberty Market Parking
Tips to avoid troubles while travelling towards Qaddafi Stadium
- Chingchis, autos and other LNG/ LPG and CNG vehicles will not be allowed in parking areas
- All those coming towards Gaddafi Stadium should be holding Computerised National Identity Cards and PSL final tickets
- Should seek guidance from traffic staff for parking and entrance into stadium
- Avoid unnecessary travelling towards Qaddafi Stadium and travel through Metro Bus to avoid traffic jam
- Free shuttle service is available from parking area to facilitate citizens
In case of any trouble call at 042-1915 helpline.
Earlier on Thursday, Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif chaired all stakeholders’ meeting to review arrangements for PSL 2017 final. The participants reiterated the resolve to leave no stone unturned to turn this event into a roaring success.