Ramazan Recipe: Green Chicken Biryani
Here is the recipe for Green Chicken Biryani, popularly known as ‘Hara Masala Chicken Biryani’.
Chicken 1 kg, yogurt 1 cup, rice 2 cups
Coriander leaves 2 bunches, garlic cloves 5-6, green chilies 10
Black pepper 1/2 tbsp, lemon 6
Garlic and ginger paste 1 tbsp, onions 4
Ghee 1 cup, salt as required, butter 1 tbsp
Yellow food color few drops, fresh milk 1 cup
For boiled rice: Mint leaves 1 bunch, green chilies 3
Garam masala as required, salt 1 tbsp
White vinegar 1 tbsp
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add yogurt, chicken, ginger-garlic paste and salt
- Pour in the water and cook until the chicken is tender
- Blend the green chilies to form chutey
- In separate pan boil the rice along with mint leaves, green chilies, garam masala and salt.
- Boil until the rice is half done, drain the water and keep aside
- In same pan heat ghee and fry sliced onions till brown
- Remove half of the onions with the slotted spoon and put on absorbent paper
- Put 2 lemon juice, crushed black pepper and corn and cook for 5 more minutes
- Grease the rice skillet and spread a layer of the rice followed by a Layer of the chicken mixture.
- Top with another layer of rice.
- Now put yellow color in milk and mix it well and pour it over rice and pour 2 lemon juices over it