Reports of dismissal ‘untrue’, says Sarfraz Bugti on his resignation
QUETTA: As the reports of his dismissal from the provincial cabinet are making the rounds in the press, Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti late Tuesday night termed the reports untrue, while stating he had already “submitted resignation to the Governor Balochistan.”
Taking to twitter, Bugti said he submitted his resignation on Tuesday afternoon.
A change in political landscape appeared in the backdrop of a no-confidence motion submitted against Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri from as many as 14 MPAs on Tuesday again.
So far, Bugti has not revealed the motive behind the resignation. However, sources closed to the minister said Bugti took the decision owing to unavoidable reasons.
He is expected to hold a press conference today.
Meanwhile, Balochistan Minister of Fisheries Mir Chakar Dhomki has also tendered resignation and submitted it to the Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri.
On Tuesday, MPA Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo moved a motion of no trust against Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Khan Zehri for allegedly failing to resolve the issues the province is facing.
The motion was backed by 13 other lawmakers of the house.
Mr Bizenjo told the media that the provincial government has been failed to address their reservations with regard to the previous provincial budget.
The chief minister was not serious about resolving their issues, and this is the reason they have moved the motion of no confidence against Zehri, he said.