‘Salman Khan takes too much pizza toppings’
Subhash Chand Jaiswal has done his M.A. and has been a delivery boy since 14 years in Bandra. He makes about `12,000 a month, including tips and delivers about 18-20 pizzas a day. His experiences:
1. Once I delivered to a man who was completely drunk. He took the pizza, didn’t pay the money and banged the door on my face. Sometimes people are drunk and either they don’t pay or they will abuse you.
2. Sometimes if there is a building where the lights are off on the staircase and you need climb up a few floors, you feel very scared as you can get hurt. But then you have to somehow manage, go and ring the bell.
3. I have once delivered a pizza to Jackie Shroff where sir himself took the pizza from me and paid me.
4. I love going to Salman Khan’s house (in Galaxy building) for delivering his pizza. We get orders from his house at least once or twice a week. While most of the time, his guards or his housemaid pays, once in a while even his sister Arpita pays. While Salman Bhai has never paid me directly, I have seen him many times and he will say, ‘Hi’ when he sees me. Salman Khan jaisa pizza ka order kissi ka bhi nahi aata. Woh bahut zyada topping lete hain. He orders chicken tikka pizza and on top he takes double chicken toppings with American corn, black olive and capsicum.
Salman’s favourite pizza toppings
We showed Salman the picture of this pizza boy and he immediately recognised him and said, “Yes, I order either double chicken topping pizza or seafood pizza without squid or octopus. Also I don’t like onions and tomatoes as toppings but love American corn and capsicum toppings.”
Pizza delivery boys and their starry experiences
Rakesh Yadav has been working as a delivery boy since 6 years and makes about `10,000 a month, including tips. His experiences:
1. When I go to a new bungalow at night, I get a bit scared when I ring the bell.
2. Once, there was a delivery where my manager told me that the customer was angry as the delivery was already late. The customer asked me why I had come late. I explained to him and he said, ‘I will not give you the money’ and shut the door. I rang the bell again but he opened the door and said, ‘do whatever you like, I will not give you the money’. I returned after an hour and this time, he gave me the money.
3. I have delivered pizzas to Lara Dutta and Vinod Kambli’s houses and was delighted when they took the delivery and gave me the money. I have been to Aamir khan’s house too and I remember I saw him sitting on the ground just like normal people. His wife Kiran Rao took the delivery. I didn’t meet him but just seeing him made me smile.
Sagar Shyamrao Bellure makes about `13,000 as a delivery boy and delivers 18-20 pizzas a day. His experiences:
1. I delivered to Remo D’souza and he gave me `100 as tip. Usually we get about `20-30 as tip, celebrities pay us more and then there are customers also who do not give us any tip. Some customers will tell us that they will not pay us till we return the exact change.
2. We have to rush to deliver the pizza as the customer is hungry and gets angry if we are late and so we drive very fast and also carefully as, if we reach late, they will complain against us. If we are very late we need to say sorry. If the police sometimes stop us, we have no time so we rush leaving the vehicle papers along with our licence with them and come back to collect it as we can’t waste time.