SC sets aside LHC ruling, restores Hajj Policy 2014
The Supreme Court declared Lahore High Court’s judgement against allocation of a quota of 15,000 pilgrims to the old Hajj Group Organisers (HGOs) void.
The proceedings against the Lahore High Court order in the Hajj Quota case were held today at the SC. The federal government had already challenged the LHC decision in this regard.
Justice Khalid Mehmood Khan of Lahore High Court on July 15 had declared the Hajj Policy 2014 to grant quota of 15,000 pilgrims to private Hajj tour operators as unlawful.
Meanwhile, Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Muhammad Yousuf said transparent arrangements were made for Hajj this year. He said additional amount would be refunded to Hajj performers once the people were done with this mandatory holy ritual.
He said government was trying to minimize expenses incurred in the entire Hajj process.