The news is by your side.

Two security officials killed in Karachi gun attack

The deceased security personnel were identified as Abdul Razzaq and Khalid. The former died on the way to hospital, while Khalid breathed his last during treatment. Both of them were shot in the head and face.

The vehicle was passing through road adjacent to Parking Plaza when the attackers ambushed them and opened fire.  Four gunmen arrived on two motorbikes on the left side of the vehicle and sprayed the security officials with bullets. The vehicle struck a nearby wall afterwards.

Picture of the crime spot.
Picture of the crime spot.

Initial investigation suggests that the attacker carefully planned the attack which took place part in a crowded part of the city. Also, they ensured that bullet shells do not fall on the ground. Police officials says the terrorists are using new tactics to ensure that bullet shells are not traced and collected in a bag when they are fired.

An eyewitnesses testified that he was changing the tyre of his rickshaw when he  saw four men on two motorbikes apprehend the military vehicle. One armed men followed the car on foot and shot them. There were carrying a pistol and a small bag. When the car stuck the wall, they went closer and fire again.

While speaking to media on the occasion, Additional IG Mushtaq Mehar said there were no threats, but “situation in Karachi is known to everyone.” He said investigation was underway and police would soon divulge all findings before the media by evening.


On December 1, 2015, two military police personnel identified as Lans Naik Rashid and Havaldar Irshad. were killed as armed assailants opened fire on their vehicle near Karachi’s Gul Plaza on MA Jinnah Road.

Gunmen stopped their car and opened fire on them near Tibet Centre in Karachi. Eyewitnesses said that bike-riding militants took head-shots of the two military police personnel who were sitting inside their vehicle.


Army Chief General Raheel Sharif had strongly condemned the attack. “Such terrorist acts aimed at undermining the progress of Operation Zarb-e-Azb can’t shake our resolve to root out terrorism from our soil, once and for all,,” he added. The COAS had directed intelligence and security agencies to go to any length to apprehend the perpetrators.

President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has also condemned the incident and called it an act of terror. Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has said that the perpetrators will not be spared at any cost.

Governor Sindh Dr. Ishrat-ul-Ebad offered his condolences and expressed deep regret over the loss of life of the security personnel. He ordered to immediately arrest those responsible for the incident and vowed to restore the peace and tranquility of the metropolis. He said that they will not let the terrorists spoil the atmosphere and they will succeed by working with the people of the city. He appreciated the effort of the security officials for peace and harmony in the city.

The incident has also been condemned by political and social leaders includng PPP’s Sharmila Farooqi, PML-F’s Nusrat Sehar Abassi, PTI’s Faisal Wavda, AML leader Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, MQM’s Kanwar Naveed Jamil, and Jamaat-e-Islami’s Mairaj-ul-Huda.


The funeral prayers of the security personnel were offered at the PNS Shifa after which their bodies were sent to Dadu and Naushero Feroz for burial. It was attended by Corp Commander Lt. General Naveed Mukhtar, DG Rangers Maj. General Bilal Akbar, and Inspector General AD Khawaja, while Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal was also present.



You might also like