ISLAMABAD: Former president (retired) General Pervez Musharraf will not appear before the Special Court in high-treason case tomorrow (Tuesday) due to security threats, ARY News reported on Monday.
Sources told that relatives and lawyers of Musharraf advised him to refrain from attending court proceedings due to security reasons, as a letter was also written by the Interior Ministry describing security threats to the former president.
However, Barrister Saif no decision had been made by Musharraf in this regard. Talking to ARY News, he said a final would be made tomorrow. He added that Musharraf was also facing security threats along with health issues.
Earlier in the day, Interior Ministry had cautioned that banned Tehreek-e-Taliban could target Musharraf on his way to court.
In a letter to home secretary Punjab, IG Islamabad and home secretary Islamabad, the Interior Ministry warned that security guards of Musharraf include TTP sympathizers, who could attack him on his way to court to attend the proceedings.
The letter says that a bomb can also be planted alongside a road where a convoy of Musharraf will pass through to make it to the court.