Several shops gutted in Lahore furniture market fire
LAHORE: At least a dozen furniture shops were completely gutted by a raging fire on late Friday night near the city’s Kharak Nullah area, rescue officials told the media.
The rescue operations were timely launched and the fire was extinguished after two hours of hectic efforts, officials said.
As many as nine fire brigades vehicles took part in the operation.
No loss of life was reported. However, the furniture inside the shops worth millions of rupees was burnt to ashes, rescue sources revealed.
The blaze was caused by a short circuit in one of the shops, which engulfed rapidly due to inflammable wood inside the shops, rescue officials informed.