Sindh Food Authority to launch more raids soon: Murtaza Wahab
KARACHI: Adviser to chief minister Sindh on Information and Law, Barrister Murtaza Wahab, on Saturday night visited the family of children who lost their lives after consuming poisonous food at a restaurant in Karachi’s posh area a week ago and offered his condolences, ARY News reported.
Speaking to media after meeting the grieved family, Mr Wahab said necessary action would be taken against persons responsible after inquiry report was finalized.
The family of the children will be informed about the investigation report, he added.
The CM’s adviser said Sindh Food Authority had been made functional and soon it would launch more raids to ensure sell of quality food across the province. We will try to make sure that no such incident occurs in future, added Murtaza Wahab.
Two kids accompanying their family came for a dinner on Nov 11 at a known restaurant at Zamzama, DHA, however, after having food their health deteriorated. The kids were immediately rushed to hospital where they died shortly afterwards. One-year-old Ahmad, and five-year-old Muhammad, both sons of Ahsan were the residents of Creek Vista.
Senior doctors at the Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center described food poisoning as the reason of children’s death after conducting post-mortem of the bodies.
Mother of the children was also hospitalized however her condition was later stated out of danger. Bodies of both the kids were later handed over to their parents.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had also taken notice of the deaths and sought a comprehensive report from commissioner Karachi into the incident.