Khyber PakhtoonKhuwa

Six siblings charred to death in Upper Dir house fire

Upper Dir

UPPER DIR: Six children of a family were charred to death when a fire – believed to be erupted due to electric short circuit – engulfed a house here in Khyber Pakhunkhwa, ARY News reported on Sunday. 

According to police and rescue sources, the house is situated in Dogdara village of Babozai Payen area and it belonged to a local person named Hamesh Gul.

The fire believed to be erupted due to short circuit on power generator.

As result of the blaze, six siblings including five sisters and a brother were burnt to death while they were asleep, officials said.

Read Also: Huge fire erupts at Karachi’s upscale restaurant

The victims have been identified as 14-year-old Maryam, 13-year-old Sameena, 12-year-old Tasleem, nine-year-old Nasreen, five-year-old Warsa, and three-year-old Mudassar.

The father of deceased, Hamesh Gul, told police officials that two member of his family also sustained burn injuries.

It merits to mention here that the use of generators is common in the country as large number of people face blackouts. Such incidents will likely to intensify public outrage over the government’s hefty claims of overcoming power outage issues.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Please follow and like us:
20

Comments

comments




ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top