Web
Analytics
The news is by your side.

Amputation

Family of amputation victim withdraws case after deal with K-Electric

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Wednesday granted bail to seven officials of the K-Electric in a case pertaining to the amputation of an eight-year old boy’s both arms after electrocution in Karachi. A bench of the high court approved bail for the accused when it was informed that the parents of the victim have taken back the case against the power utility after reaching an agreement. The court directed the K-Electric officials to submit a surety of Rs50, 000 each. It further instructed the investigation officer…

Amputation case: Nepra announces legal action against K-Electric

ISLAMABAD: Announcing to take legal course against the K-Electric, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) said the power supply company failed to meet the safety standards which resulted in amputation of arms of a young boy in Karachi, ARY News reported. "The Nepra has initiated legal proceedings against K- Electric for failure to maintain its distribution network which caused safety accident of eight year old boy, Muhammad Umer," a press release issued by the regulatory authority said. Muhammad Umar…

Amputation of minor’s arms: Bail pleas of K-Electric officials rejected

KARACHI: A local court on Saturday turned down bail pleas of nine employees of K-Electric in a case pertaining to the amputation of both the arms of a minor boy owing to electrocution. The accused persons – the power utility’s general manger Riaz Ahmed Nizamani, deputy general manager Zameer Ahmed Sheikh, in-charge Imran, manager corrective maintenance Nisar Ahmed, supervisor Arsalan and other employees managed to flee the court premises after their interim bail applications were rejected. On August 31, police had…

Police arrest seven K-Electric employees after boy lost both hands in live wire incident

KARACHI: Police on Friday arrested seven employees of the K-Electric in the wake of incident causing amputation of both the arms of an eight-year-old boy when a live wire fell on him on Aug 25. Umar’s both arms had to be amputated by doctors due to severe burns he had sustained after an 11,000-Volt electrical wire fell on him in Ahsanabad Sector-4 off Superhighway where he was playing last Saturday. Taking action after parents’ complaint and notice of the governor Sindh, police arrested seven employees of K-Electric…