Karachi municipal corporation (KMC) established in 1933 to provide municipal services to the metropolitan city of Pakistan. previously it was known as Karachi conservancy board which was established in the British rule in 1846.
The conservancy board was later in 1852 was converted into municipal commission in 1852 a year later it was again converted and named the municipal commission or Karachi municipal committee. The foundation of Karachi municipal corporation building was kept in 1927 on Bundar road.
Since its establishment the hierarchical structure of the organization has been changed multiple times and the corporation is also divided among the five district of the city the district is further divided into multiple town. The hierarchal structure of the organization was rolled back again by the Sindh government back in 2011.