Lahore High Court (LHC)
With predecessors fulfilling its purpose since 1866, the Lahore High Court (LHC) was established on the 21st of March 1919 and 175(2) of the Constitution of 1973 provide insights regarding the jurisdiction of the High Court. Essentially based in the city of Lahore, the High Court has benches in three other Pakistani cities-namely, Rawalpindi, Multan and Bahawalpur.
On 1 April 1919, the Chief Court of the Punjab was elevated to the status of a High Court, becoming known as Lahore High Court (LHC), by Letters Patent granted pursuant to Section 113 of the Government of India Act, 1915. The Letters Patent by King-Emperor George V also appointed a Chief Justice and six puisne justices, and declared the Court’s jurisdiction over the Punjab and Delhi provinces.