Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the main opposition Labour Party, criticized the government’s sentencing policies.
London Bridge Attack
“The attacker was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offenses,” Britain’s top counter-terrorism police officer, Neil Basu, said in a statement.
“For me they represent the very best of our country and I thank them on behalf of all of our country,” Johnson said. “This country will never be cowed, or divided, or intimidated by this sort of attack.”
LONDON: Youssef Zaghba, the third man identified as one of the authors of Saturday's deadly attack in London, was intercepted last year en route to Syria and signalled to Britain as a possible militant, Italian authorities said Tuesday. Zaghba, a 22-year-old with dual Moroccan-Italian nationality, was briefly detained after being stopped at the airport in Bologna, central Italy in March 2016. Italian prosecutors were unable to bring charges against him for links to international terrorism and he was set free, a police…