Web
Analytics
The news is by your side.

Mabalako-Mangina

Ebola death toll in DR Congo rises to 55

BENI, DR CONGO: The Ebola outbreak in eastern DR Congo has claimed 55 lives since the start of the month, the authorities said Monday, as the government announced free treatment against the disease for the next three months. The health ministry´s latest bulletin said that the death toll had been increased following five new victims in Mabalako-Mangina, close to Beni, the epicentre of the outbreak in the North Kivu province. In all, "96 cases of haemorrhagic fever were reported in the region, 69 of which had been…