The news is by your side.

Tahir-ul-Qadri returns to Pakistan

According to details, PAT Chairman arrived at Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport via Doha in a private airliner.

Large number of Awami Tehreek activists and supporters gathered at Lahore airport to welcome the party chief. They raised party flags and pictures of Dr. Qadri.



Speaking to media outside Lahore Airport, the PAT chairman said that 14 people were killed and 100 people were wounded in the Model Town massacre, which was carried out by the rulers.

“Tyrannical rulers murdered innocent people in broad daylight,” Qadri said.

He said that years have gone since the incident took place and the party is demanding justice. “Justice has not been provided yet,” he added.

Qadri added that the First Information Report (FIR) was not filed despite orders from the court and Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif had to intervene, which was not his responsibility.

“A one-sided FIR was filed against us,” PAT chairman said.

Awami Tehreek chairman went on to say that Chief Minister of Punjab Shahbaz Sharif had claimed to step down if the investigation team, probing the incident, found him guilty in the massacre. He further said that a one-sided probe report was prepared.

“The copies of the investigation report were not given to us,” Qadri said.

The party will be staging a sit-in at Mall Road on 17th June on the second anniversary of the Model Town incident. PAT chief urged the masses to participate in the Lahore sit-in.


The Lahore administration has given conditional permission for the sit-in protest.

Approximately 14 people were killed and more than a hundred were injured in a violent clash with the Punjab Police outside the offices of the Minhaj-ul-Quran of Tahir-ul-Qadri when they attempted to remove a barrier.

Qadri said that no progress was made in the case despite the fact that an inquiry committee had placed the blame on the Punjab government.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email



You might also like