Terror attacks from Afghanistan to be responded with full might: Asif
ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif says terrorists are launching attacks on Pakistan from their sanctuaries in Afghanistan, underlining that they will be responded with full might.
In his tweet, the minister warned that Pakistan would respond to terrorists with full might in future.
Terror attacks across country planned frm sanctuaries in Afghanistan will b responded with full might.Zarb e Azb gains r irreversible IA
— Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) February 16, 2017
Hours after the deadly blast at shrine in Sehwan killing at least 72 people, the Pakistan military asked Afghanistan to hand over seventy-six wanted terrorists.
Director General ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor said the high officials of Afghan embassy were summoned at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi on Friday and given list of seventy six terrorists hiding in Afghanistan.
He said the Afghan officials were asked to take action against those terrorists and hand them over to Pakistan.
A suicide bomber attacked a crowded Sufi shrine in Sehwan, Sindh on Thursday, killing at least 72 people and wounding dozens more in the deadliest of a wave of bombings across the country this week.
The violence has shattered a period of improving security, underscoring how militants still undermine stability in the country.
In August last year, at least 74 people, mostly lawyers, were killed in a suicide bombing of a hospital in Quetta.