LAHORE: At least three labourers were burnt alive in a fire that erupted in a plaza near goat market, ARY News reported Wednesday.
A fire erupted due to short circuit in a three-storey plaza near goat market and it shortly engulfed the entire building. Local people called the fire fighting teams and rescue officials.
The fire fighters managed to douse the fire after two hours of hectic efforts. In the meantime, three of trapped laborers attempted to reach the roof-side area to escape, but they stuck as gate of the roof was closed and caught fire.
The deceased persons were identified as Waqas, Irfan and Hasan.
Police arrested the plaza owner, Mian Shafiq, for interrogation.