Three siblings die after consuming poisonous sweets
LAHORE: Three siblings died on Monday in Manawan area of Lahore after allegedly consuming poisonous sweets, ARY News reported.
The children of labourer Abdul Rauf fell seriously unwell after consuming sweets. There were shifted to Services Hospital where they passed away during treatment. The children were identified as Tayyab, Haseeb and their sister Alisha.
The children’s maternal uncle said they consumed sweets from the local market after which their health deteriorated. He said the family was inconsolable after the death of the children and have refused to conduct a autopsy.
Director General Punjab Food Authority Noorul Amin Mengal expressed his sorrow over the incident, and said that it seems to a incident of food poisoning.
He said that several shops in the locality have sealed, and samples of the sweets have been collected. He warned that strict action will be taken if there is any negligence by the shopkeepers.
He clarified that conducting the post-mortem is necessary to ascertain the real cause of death. Police have started further investigation but the post-mortem report is awaited.