Two civilians killed, 8 injured in Working Boundary ceasefire violation
RAWALPINDI: The Inter Services Public Relations has on Wednesday confirmed that two civilians were killed and eight others were injured in Chaprar sector of the Working Boundary by unprovoked firing by Indian forces.
The statement said that Pakistan Rangers gave a befitting response to their Indian counterparts. It stated that another civilian Sikander who was injured at the Line of Control on Tuesday succumbed to his injuries at the Combined Military Hospital in Kharian.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs had said earlier that ceasefire violation by Indian forces on the Working Boundary had occurred at 1155 hours today in Chaprar and Harpal sector which injured five people including a eleven-year-old child.
Foreign Office Spokesman Nafees Zakaria said this continued violation of Working Boundary by Indian forces threatened peace and must stop immediately.
Military sources also confirmed that five Indian soldiers were killed in retaliatory firing by Pakistan security forces, who also claimed to destroy four check posts in the Bhimber sector along the Line of Control.