Who will join hands with Malala in Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony?
1. Kainat Soomro is victim of sex assault in Sindh. The girl was raped in 2007 in Dadu District, when she was just 13 year old by four men. Later, she was declared a Kari by local tribunal by calling her alleged of committing crime outside of marriage. The courageous girl defiant of traditional norms took her alleged perpetrator to the court for justice but all that ended up in vain. The girl got recognition when her story was depicted in a short documentary entitled Outlawed in Pakistan.
2. Shazia Ramzan is one of the other girl who got injured in the gruesome assault on Malala Yusufzai in Swat Valley. Shazia was shot on shoulder and hand by Taliban on 9th October 2012.The girl recovered from her injuries and returned to school in their home town.
3. Kainat also got injured in the same assassination attempt on Malala. The girl also received a gold medal from Islamabad for her courageous stand. Kainat also continued her education by the support of her father and brother.
4. Mazon Almellehan, a 16 year old Syrian refugee and education advocate will also join hands with Malala. Syria is in a state of civil war and it is facing a serious confrontation from different factions in the country. So, if a courageous teenager girl raises her voice in such circumstances than it is surely commendable.
5. We heard about the gender discrimination in Nigeria when a militant group called Boko Haram abducted dozen of girls from two villages of northern Nigeria and the world talked about it. But the praiseworthy job by young mentor Amina Yusuf also highlighted the image of a courageous woman in the country. Amina is a 17 year old girl from northern Nigeria who mentors young girls by educating them in this young age.