Zarb-e-Azb: 327 militants killed so far, tells DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI: DG Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa has said that 327 militants have been killed during the operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan, while 45 of their hideouts were demolished – ARY News reports.
According to latest reports, 5 militants were killed due to the shelling fighter jets. Official sources confirmed that 6 hideouts were also destroyed during shelling, while the number of casualties is feared to be increased.
During the press briefing on operation Zarb-e-Azb, the DG ISPR told that 327 terrorists were killed during the offensive from June 15 to June 25, whereas PAF jets pounded 45 of their safe houses, which were destroyed completely.
Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa told that 7 more terrorists surrendered themselves at the surrender-center in North Waziristan, after which the count of such militants has reached 19.
He added that some foreigners have fled from the area; however they still have a presence over there.
Bajwa told that 24 militants tried to escape, but they were caught.
The DG ISPR clearly mentioned that whoever will take up arms, an action will be taken against him and the war will continue for the security of Pakistan, until the end of extremism of here.